What ParrotOS supports (and doesn't)
NOTE: this list is a work in progress and not all inclusive.
Please email s1udge AT parrotsec DOT org or leave a comment on the forums here
- x86_64 (64bit, not to include IA-64)
Hardware we know it works on:
- Purism systems
- System76 systems
- Dell XPS (most systems)
- MacBook Pro (2013)
- Tongfang GK5CN6Z (Modifications needed see here)
- Lenovo (Most Systems)
- Lenovo Ideapad 510 (needs modprobe thinkpad-acpi)
- Most BIOS/UEFI
Virtual Machine Emulators and Containers
- HiDPi (part of MATE)
- Dual boot with other systems
Functions enabled by default.
- uBlock Origin
- Privacy Badger
Functions disabled by default.
- Raspberry Pi 2 & 3
- Orange Pi PC
- Orange Pi Nano
- Pine64 (Rock64, Pinebook, Sopine)
- Mobile devices (Android, iPhone, iPad, Tablet, etc)
- Chromebooks (sometimes it will work but huge hit or miss depending on the manufacturer)
- Most IOT devices (e.g. Arduino)
- gnome software (no future plans to provide support, though community members are more than welcome to provide other desktop environments)
- All other Architectures not listed.
- Secure boot
- Intel Optane (Only works with Windows)
NOTE: Want something that's not listed? Help us make it happen